Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Food Network Magazine/ November

Photography: Steve Giralt

Photography: Steve Giralt

Photography: Con Poulos

Photography: Con Poulos

Photography: Con Poulos

Photography: Con Poulos

Photography: Con Poulos


For the November Issue of Food Network Magazine, I was asked to contribute to a number of stories. One of those stories was for celebrity chef Sandra Lee. Studio Marcus Hay travelled to Mount Kisco, NY to her country home she shares with her partner the Governor Andrew Cuomo After clearance with security, Our job for the day was to style her Thanksgiving table for a shoot featuring her new dining room. I knew  after some research that Sandra like her flowers white, Roses seemed to be a particular favorite. Sandra in her house has a very elegant white room that was recently featured on the cover of Elle Decor. We were not allowed to enter that room (white should stay white) but I had seen the pictures it featured certain themes that I picked up on and continued through the tablescape. With the white flowers I mixed in some more seasonal leaves such as eucalyptus and contained them in bronze colored mercury glass vessels in various sizes. I fashioned handmade name tags with a acorn stamp, ribbon and dried leaves. Sandra loved the table and even kept some of the votives I sourced from West Elm for her actual Thanksgiving held this month.

The Sandra Lee story was shot with Steve Giralt

For The Weekend Meals section of he magazine, A section I have styled many times with Photographer Con Poulos, we took again a darker approach with the palette to reflect the season, I always enjoy doing these shots as we are able to evoke a different mood for 4 different meal options, this time the meals were A Bistro Brunch, A Southern Chicken Supper, A Vietnamese Lunch and A Rustic Italian Dinner.


I have another story on Bread to follow, Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment