Monday, May 3, 2010

Colorways/ Blue on Blue






It goes without saying Color is my best friend, lover and confident, without it I would be lost. It could be said that all of us feel the same way, but as a Stylist, our pick of color determines everything. I often think what would have happened if I had been born colorblind, would I be an accountant right now?

I love color, I love the way that on it's own it's a brilliant flash of energy and then in combinations, the right hit of color with another can send shivers down ones retina, what are my favorite combos, I would say pale blue and scarlet red, emerald green with a dusty purple, chocolate brown with turquoise, yellow with sharp lime etc etc, the list could go on and on.

Wikepedia says: Color or colour is the visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, green, blue and others. Color derives from the spectrum of light (distribution of light energy versus wavelength) interacting in the eye with the spectral sensitivities of the light receptors.

For me, I have to say blue is my favorite color, to me it feels so soulful, so clean, so crisp, I just want to dive into it! It's a color that the last couple of weeks has been pinching my senses, I have seen it everywhere, With my new series of postings devoted to color, It only seems natural that I would pick blue to start me off. This time it's that almost electric blue that was so popular in the 1980's that is resonating with me; that It's the color of my canvas sneakers I bought in Florence two summer's ago, It's a stack of police barricades piled up in Madison Park (public service blue), A summers day's sky in my native Sydney or the surrounding ocean as you catch the ferry to Block Island, Rhode Island, The blue of the Guthrie Theatre in Minneapolis as it juts into the sky. It's everywhere, anywhere, it's all around!

I am feeling the blues and I could never be happier! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment