Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Test Images, Love my iPhone

Photography: Marcus Hay
Photography: Marcus Hay

Photography: Marcus Hay

Photography: Marcus Hay

Photography: Marcus Hay

Photography: Marcus Hay

Photography: Marcus Hay

Photography: Marcus Hay
Photography: Marcus Hay
Quite often on shoots I like to set up vignettes, mostly they would be suggestions for shots that relate to the job/ shoot at the time. Sometimes I just see things that don't necessarily relate at all and I want to record them. My iPhone is my best friend that way. 


Maybe I am a frustrated Photographer, maybe I am just an image maker and any camera is just a tool for this purpose? I am definitely an appreciator of objects and I have an inner drive to see things I love documented. 


These are images from a recent shoot that we either did not get time to shoot or were bypassed. To help me get a feeling of a potential of a shots composition, I often shoot it myself first, because I want the immediacy of seeing it through a lens, I don't blame most Photographers when I show them if they hate that, I am not professing to do their job as I know more than anyone that it is with much skill and technical ability that images get photographed on a professional shoot, but sometimes people just don't see it the way you see it till you show them. We are all do bombarded with amazing imagery these days, all at our fingertips, have we forgotten or lost the ability to see something unless it's in digital form first? 


Hope you enjoy seeing these compositions through my eyes. 

4 comments:

  1. These are really wonderful images. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are quite cool. What iPhone do you have? Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Modern Sybarite! Thanks! It's just a regular I Phone, not even the latest one! : )

    ReplyDelete