Thursday, November 24, 2011

Real Simple/ Week of Dinners/ December

Photography: Jonny Valiant

Photography: Jonny Valiant

Photography: Jonny Valiant

Photography: Jonny Valiant

Photography: Jonny Valiant

Photography: Jonny Valiant
An all too familiar revisit happened when I worked on Week of Dinners for the December issue of Real Simple which is out now. I had never really worked as the Stylist on this section but when I was on Real Simple as Style Director, I would be responsible in overseeing the styling of this section with another Stylist. Of course it has bee a number of years since I was there and although the concept has not really changed having been a regular staple section of the magazine for many years, it has moved on aesthetically quite a bit. 


Shot by the ever wonderful Jonny Valiant jonnyvaliant.com.au , We started with the Process Style shot that appears on the opener, This represents some or most of the ingredients featured in the recipes before cooking them, I always love working with the raw food elements, The colors and texture of raw food is always inspiring. The other shots are simple and clean. I really liked the palette on this story, Being a winter story we were able to go and bit dark and moody. 

1 comment: