Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Better Home and Gardens Magazine/ Cupcake Crazy

Photography: David A. Land
Photography: David A. Land
Promtion Shot, TLC
Photography: Marcus Hay
Photography: Marcus Hay

Photography: Marcus Hay
Inspiration Mood Board


For Better Homes & Gardens Magazine, I was asked to create a set inspired by of "DC Cupcakes,” the TLC reality show that follows sisters Sophie LaMontagne and Katherine Kallinis, who run Georgetown Cupcake www.georgetowncupcake.com. I was inspired by their clean but feminine aesthetic of their stores and wanted to do something clever with cupcake holders/liners. I always thought they would look pretty as flowers and so I asked my trusty set builders Empire empiresetshop.com to construct a set that was made of message board so I could pin the cupcake holders to the wall, layering big and smaller sizes in pretty pastel colors upon the wall.

Using pillows and rugs from my friends at Madeline Weinrib www.madelineweinrib.com to add some zest and color and a great Sofa rental from Bridge Props www.bridgeprops.com, The set really came together well.

Somehow in the layout process my large array of cupcake holders were depleted in retouching, maybe I had gone a bit overboard with my cupcake excitement? You can see some of my behind the scenes shot of the set  

The girls were both lovely and I have seen the show since, catch it on TLC.
It was shot by Photographer David A. Land www.davidaland.com



No comments:

Post a Comment