Monday, July 19, 2010

Better Home and Gardens Magazine/ Covers





My fourth Better Homes and Gardens cover for August came out today and I snatched one up at the new stands. I have been asked by the magazine to Produce and Style most covers over the last 6 months. I don't always get to work on every cover as Meredith the publishing firm behind the magazine is based in Des Moines, Iowa. I have travelled and produced 2 covers there, one of which unfortunately did not make it, due to a change in direction for that month, but largely we shoot them in New York with the very talented Kate Mathis, www.katemathis.com

I have featured the March cover on a previous post, to see the planning behind that one you can check out that post. I will post some more "planning" pots with future covers.

The aim has been for me to give the magazine a fresh consistent look over the months, Better Home and Gardens" is the nations third largest magazine in paid circulation and sells 7.6 million copies per month in the U.S.A. As they claim "Better Homes and Gardens delivers more potential buyers than Country Living, Architectural Digest and Martha Stewart Living combined" It's average age of it's reader is 49 years old and 78% of them own their own home.

I understand they have sold very well so that is always encouraging, I hope you like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment