Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yummy Mommies





Adding fruit and vegetables to food in unexpected ways, blueberries to hamburgers, spinach to smoothies, pears to squash soup, you get the picture. Fit Pregnancy is a West Coast magazine that caters to women carrying, about to or with kids already. It was the first time I worked for them and the first time I worked with David Prince, the Photographer. I was very excited to work with David as I have admired his work for many years, you can see more at www.davidprincephotography.com. I particularly like his personal work, a lot of which adorns his wall of the studio in grids of small printouts. He and I share a love of objects and a bower bird approach to collecting, particularly Danish ceramics, but unlike me, once he photographs something or owns it for awhile he often does not feel attached to it anymore, maybe I should take a leaf out of his book, It would save a lot of money on storage fees that is for sure!

We took a very natural approach to this shoot, I wanted to use dyed linens, having just discovered a whole lot of them at Elephant Props, We wanted to give it a light and dark feel, Some backgrounds cream, other darker and moodier, but weaving in hits of green and orange, much of which came through the food beautifully styled by Megan Schlow.

It is a relatively small story, short and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment